ABDSM Exam Application
Now offered Biannually
|Summer 2024 Exam
|Winter 2025 Exam
|December 1, 2023 - May 10, 2024
|May 11, 2024 - November 1, 2024
|July 21, 2024 - August 4, 2024
|January 19, 2025 - February 2, 2025
Applications close 11:59pm CST of each application window.
Note: Applicants should ensure they apply to the exam window in which they intend to take the exam. Transfer fees apply to applications that are requested to move to a different window.
|For first-time applicants and applicants who must reestablish their exam eligibility.
|Exam Application - Active-Duty Military
|For Active-Duty Military members. Status is subject to verification.
|Exam Reapplication - Retake for Prior Applicants
|For prior applicants who did not attain a passing exam score and are eligible to reapply during their established eligibility period.
How to Apply for the ABDSM Exam
- Licensed Dentists who meet the ABDSM's eligibility criteria and who have completed the AADSM Mastery Program. Candidates who have previously attempted the exam may view reapplication guidelines here: Reapplication for prior applicants.
- Online application
- Application Fee $995, payable in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank*
- Dental license with expiration
*Retake fee for prior applicants who did not achieve a passing score previously is $395.
The online application asks for contact information and requires you to upload documents (such as your dental license), so you will want to make sure you have first saved all the documents to your computer. The application also includes terms and conditions that you should review before attesting to your agreement with them.
Dental License with Expiration Date
Provide a copy of your dental license that shows the date of expiration. If the dental license you submit expires prior to June 1, 2023, you must submit a copy of your renewed license to the ABDSM. Applicants will not be allowed to sit for the exam without proof of a valid dental license on file with the ABDSM.
Accepted Mastery Programs
The following programs are accepted for the Mastery Track application:
- The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) Mastery Program
- Tufts University Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency (accredited provider of the AADSM Mastery Program) beginning with the sessions starting in the Fall of 2019. Earlier sessions of the Tufts University mini-residency may not be used for the fulfillment of application requirements.
- The University of Michigan Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency (accredited provider of the AADSM Mastery Program) beginning with the sessions starting in the Summer of 2023. Earlier sessions of the mini-residency may not be used for the fulfillment of application requirements.