2022 ABDSM Exam Application
|Late Applications Accepted|
1/1/2022 - 2/28/2022
|Late Exam Application||For new applicants or those who are not eligible to use the reapplication options.|
|Active Duty Military - Late Exam Application||The ABDSM offers a significant discount for active duty military members. Please use this version of the application to receive the discount.|
|Expedited Late Exam Application||For reapplicants who are eligible for an expedited exam application according to published guidelines.|
|Missed Case Deadline Late Application||For reapplicants who achieved a passing exam score but failed to submit cases.|
How to Apply for the ABDSM Exam
- Licensed Dentists who meet the ABDSM's eligibility criteria and who have completed a Mastery Program OR are enrolled in a Mastery Program, with the intent to complete the program prior to sitting the exam.
- Online application
- Application Fee $995, payable in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank*
- Dental license with expiration
*Late applications are subject to an additional fee, starting January 1, 2022.
The online application asks for contact information and requires you to upload documents (such as your dental license), so you will want to make sure you have first saved all the documents to your computer. The application also includes terms and conditions that you should review before attesting to your agreement with them.
Dental License with Expiration Date
Provide a copy of your dental license that shows the date of expiration. If the dental license you submit expires prior to June 1, 2022, you must submit a copy of your renewed license to the ABDSM. Applicants will not be allowed to sit for the exam without proof of a valid dental license on file with the ABDSM.
Accepted Mastery Programs
The following programs are accepted for the Mastery Track application:
- The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) Mastery Program
- Tufts University Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency (accredited provider of the AADSM Mastery Program) beginning with the sessions starting in the Fall of 2019. Earlier sessions of the Tufts University mini-residency may not be used for the fullfillment of application requirements.